STFC Player of the Month Result: December
Our TheWashbag.com Index calculates the Swindon Town Player of the Month by assessing the key statistics from all league and cup matches. The December result is in…
Nicky Ajose returns to parent club Peterborough having secured our December player of the month award. The forward has been awarded with 21 points after scoring the equaliser in the JPT tie with Stevenage; scoring another and providing an assist in the away defeat at Brentford. Ajose also picked up the full complement of ten points from the five matches in December.
Alex Pritchard is the monthly runner up with 15 points after featuring in all five games and scoring a wonderful solo goal in the draw at Bradford City. With the transfer window now open we’re all hoping that Spurs allow Pritchard to fulfill his season-long long at the County Ground.
Fellow loanee Ryan Mason secures third place with 12 points in this low-scoring month. Mason featured in four of the five games, scoring once at Brentford.
Without any cleansheets during December Wes Foderingham, the defenders and defensive midfielders have scored few points, hopefully that’ll change soon…
Agree or disagree with the statistics..? Who receives your vote for the December Player of the Month?
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points