STFC Player of the Month Result: November
Our TheWashbag.com Index calculates the Swindon Town Player of the Month by assessing the key statistics from all league and cup matches. The November result is in…
Massimo Luongo and Dany N’Guessan are tied for the monthly award. Both have secured 29 points in November.
Luongo played every minute of the seven league and cup games in November and scored three goals from midfield – two versus Port Vale and another against Carlisle United. I’m sure that Massimo picked up additional points for assists, but I can recall in which games..?
N’Guessan also scored three goals in November; picking up extra points for his goal at Colchester coming from his wide midfield position in Cooper’s 4-6-0, and positive impact when coming on as a substitute versus Carlisle.
Nicky Ajose is just behind with 26 points and was the top goal scorer in November with four.
Last month’s winner Alex Pritchard takes 3rd with 21 points.
Agree or disagree with the statistics..? Who receives your vote for the November Player of the Month?
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points