STFC Player of the Month Result: October
Our TheWashbag.com Index calculates the Swindon Town Player of the Month by assessing the key statistics from all league and cup matches. The October result is in…
Alex Pritchard was ever-present in October featuring in all six games including four winning teams and two losing teams. The loanee from Tottenham secured the Player of the Month award following a maximum 12 appearance points, 5 from his goal at Rotherham and further points from his three assists against Walsall, Notts County and Plymouth Argyle. Also, Pritchard won the penalty from which N’Guessan scored against Tranmere.
Despite his defence conceding six goals in October, Darren Ward is the runner-up with 24 points after playing 90 minutes in all six games. Ward would’ve finished third had Andre Blackman’s deflected shot against Plymouth Argyle in the JPT been registered as an own goal.
Goalkeeper Wes Foderingham is third with 22.8 points. Wes appeared in five of the games in October, missing the JPT tie through a mystery illness, which allowed Tyrell Belford to make his Town debut. Wes scored well with his three clean sheets from five games and being busy between the posts in his final two games against Walsall and Oldham.
Agree or disagree with the statistics..? Who receives your vote for the October Player of the Month?
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points