STFC Player of the Month Result: March – Darren Ward
Our TheWashbag.com Index calculates the Swindon Town Player of the Month by assessing the key statistics from all league and cup matches. Following six League One games during the month, the March result is in…
|Raffa De Vita||9.0||0||9.0|
|Troy Archibald- Henville||0.0||0||0.0|
Darren Ward’s reward for scoring a goal at Coventry, two clean sheets, two victories and playing full 90 minutes in all six matches is his first player of the month win.
In joint second are Simon Ferry and Adam Rooney with 21 points. Ferry has scored twice in March – against Walsall and Brentford – to take his tally to 5 for this season. The Scot has also picked up the maximum 12 points for playing at least 60 minutes in all six games. The revitalised loanee from Birmingham City also scored twice in March, reaffirming his value to the side after falling out of favour with Paolo Di Canio.
Andy Williams is in third place with 20 points as a result of his two goals against Coventry and Walsall and a maximum score for minutes played.
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points