STFC Player of the Month Result: February
Our TheWashbag.com Index calculates the Swindon Town Player of the Month by assessing the key statistics from all league and cup matches. Following six League One games during the month, the February result is in…
|Raffa De Vita||11.0||0||11.0|
|Troy Archibald- Henville||0.0||0||0.0|
February has been one of the lowest scoring months this season on the Index.
Gary Roberts’ reward for two long range goals against Tranmere, ever present league appearances, a few assists and coming out of Matt Ritchie’s shadow is to take the Player of the Month Award for February with a score of 28.
In second is Wes Foderingham. The ‘keeper has had one of his worst months at the County Ground, securing a clean sheet in only one of the six games in February, albeit not conceding more than one goal in each of those five games.
A returning Adam Rooney is in third. The loanee from Birmingham City has returned from a long spell on the bench with five appearances and two goals in January, both were vital equalisers in 1-1 draws.
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points