TheWashbag-Index: September Player of the Month – Andy Williams
Every month we’ll be publishing our Washbag-Index Player of the Month and inviting your vote on the top three. The September result is…
|Raffa De Vita||15||2||17|
|Troy Archibald- Henville||0||11.5||11.5|
Andy Williams has finally found the net with 3 goals during September, add them to his assists and full 90 minutes, meaning that he secures the highest score in TheWashbag Index.
Matt Ritchie has been ever-present in September scoring 3 goals – at Portsmouth and against AFC Bournemouth.
Adam Rooney has been crucial to our success since Leyton Orient. Two goals against Carlisle United and AFC Bournemouth and his introduction as a substitute on 3 occasions has resulted in a positive impact on the final result.
Now we have our top 3 for the month, it’s your vote: Who gets your player of the month? Williams, Ritchie or Rooney?
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points