Every month we’ll be publishing our Washbag-Index Player of the Month and inviting your vote on the top three. The August result is…
|Raffa De Vita||17||8||25|
Full appearances, two goals, an assist and a few clean sheets puts Matt Ritchie top of the Index for August.
James Collins is by far the top cup performer this month with his hat trick against Stoke City the stand out moment of this season.
Wes Foderingham follows in third, with 4 clean sheets, although 3 were conceded at Stoke. His moments at Preston will be picked up in our September rankings.
Now we have our top 3 for the month, it’s your vote: Who gets the player of the month? Ritchie, Collins or Foderingham?
How it works…
Swindon Town players receive a score based on their performance in all league and cup fixtures based upon the statistics collated by the Press Association and published by BBC Sport. The format of the scoring is very similar to that used in the Fantasy Premier League, with some exceptions.
- For playing up to 60 minutes = 1 point
- For playing 60 minutes or more = 2 points
- For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender = 6 points
- For each goal scored by a midfielder = 5 points
- For each goal scored by a forward = 4 points
- For each hat trick scored = 3 points
- For each goal assist = 3 points
- For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender = 4 points
- For a clean sheet by a midfielder = 1 point
- For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper = 1 point
- For each penalty save = 5 points
- For each substitute appearance having a positive impact on the final result = 2 points
- For each substitute appearance having a negative impact on the final result = minus 2 points
- For each penalty miss = minus 2 points
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender = minus 1 point
- For each yellow card = minus 1 point
- For each red card = minus 3 points
- For each own goal = minus 2 points